Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Massai Life


  So I don’t have much to say right now except that I will be posting about 3 or 4 blogs all at once because I finally have a decent internet connection again.  I want to tell you guys about all that has gone on in Kenya (even though I am in Arusha now), but I just haven’t gotten to tell you enough about Kenya and how freakin wonderful it is working at the Children’s Home. 
  So for this blog I just wanted to show you my Kenyan mother Annah and my Kenyan father Joseph.  Katie and I have been living with them for 6 weeks and they really do treat us like their own kids and we love them.  Joseph has our back and makes sure that everyone in the Massai community here knows us and he also keeps us safe (I mean check out the spear).  Annah is amazing and completely takes care of us.  She cooks us the most incredible meals and has taught us Kenyan washing too (this by the way gets clothes very clean but also takes 2-3 hours).  Plus they are hilarious and just tell such entertaining stories and Annah is feisty and keeps Joseph on his toes.  They have 8 kids and now they have 10 with us, but they don’t seem to mind.  They always have kids living at their home who aren’t theirs because they are the house that always has an open door.  When a kid doesn’t have a place to go they can live with Joseph and Annah…. Seriously.  Right now there is a girl living with them who isn’t theirs but her living situation isn’t good at home with her guardians, so she helps Annah cook, and she lives there.  They are the most loving couple and they really believe that they are there to take care of the community around them, and being related by blood is just a technicality.  They just say God loves everyone so they want to as well.  Its pretty inspiring and humbling…. So so humbling.  We loved living there and it really does feel like home now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment