Sunday, May 9, 2010

Signing Off From Africa

I cant believe this is my last post from Africa.  Tomorrow Katie and I will take shuttle to Nairobi and then hop on a plane back to the good 'ole USA via London.  Im not sure how to begin this blog or even what to say to bring this chapter to a close.  Honestly, I dont have the right words to describe this trip and all of the things I've learned and experienced about myself, Africa, and God.  I hope though that I've written honestly in these last posts to give a sense of the things I've seen and felt while I was here, although I'm pretty confident that my words have come up short.  What I can say is that this trip has forever changed me and to all who supported me in this endeavor I am eternally grateful. Grateful for the things that I learned, the friendships I began, the miracles I saw happen, the continual laughter and joy I felt, the work we were able to accomplish, the energy that I got from working with kids, the humbling experience of working in a different culture, for finding a new family abroad, and for the peace of God I experienced for the first time here.   Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your support, prayers, and encouragement.  I could not have done this trip without those things- I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment